Monday, February 14, 2011

Baseball is Back - Cubs pitchers and catchers report


Woooo! Cubbies! Woooo! Kerry Wood! Woooo!

Cubs pitchers and catchers report to camp today, which is awesome because it means we are only three days away from the White Sox pitchers and catchers reporting to camp. But seriously its just a great day when pitchers and catchers report.  It means that spring is coming and the snow is melting, hell they are saying that it might actually get up to 60 this weekend.  

And actually I don't think the Cubs are going to suck as much as most people do. Don't get me wrong I would love for them to suck and its not like they are going to be good, but I don't think an 80 win season is out of the question.  That's not terrible for a rebuilding team.  Cubs' fans just need to remember they have like $60 millions coming off the payroll after this year and they are going to throw it all at Pujols, so you have that going for you...which is nice.

As a White Sox fan I'm most excited for the return of Kerry Wood to north side.  When will the first time I hear a Cubs' fan call him Kerry Woods?  I say before opening day.  How many saves does Marmol have to blow before they want him as the closer?  Two in a row for sure, but it might not even take that much.  

Cubs fan or Sox fan, it doesn't matter right now, because baseball is back and I can't wait to get in some stupid drunken bar arguments about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment