Tuesday, February 15, 2011

You might want to check out the score bro


OregonLive.com - Watch this higlight clip of West Salem's Alex Roth, who ends the game against North Salem with this backboard-shattering follow-up dunk. North Salem beat West Salem, 56-44

That seriously had to be the weakest dunk to ever shatter a backboard in basketball history.  There was no power behind it and he barely hung on the rim.  Oh and I watched this video three times before I even realized that they lost this game by 12 points and everybody is freaking out like they just won the championship or something. The correct celebration here is the standard yelling of "Oooooohhh!!" and then putting your arms out to the side to hold everyone back.  Has Shaq taught us nothing at the dunk contest?


Don't get me wrong though, if I was this Alex Roth kid, I would absolutely never stop telling this story.  I could be 45 years old and looking for job and shattering a backboard to end the game would be the first thing on my resume and there would be a direct link to this video on my linkedin for potential employers to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment