Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cubs committed 5 errors yesterday and got in a fight...with themselves...again


Somehow the Cubs have gotten into another dugout fight with themselves.  I know this doesn't seem surprising at all since it is the third one of these in recent memory, but there were at least three things that really suprised me about the fight.

1. Carlos Zambrano was not involved. I know, I know, it's obvious, but seriously, as soon as you heard about this fight, you had to just assume he was involved. Maybe this is the year Big Z turns it around and doesn't lose his mind.  Eh, maybe not.  Well at least he wasn't involved in this fight.

2. As far as I know, no Gatorade machines were harmed during this fight. 

3. Aramis Ramirez cares about something enough to fight about it. Aramis always just seems like he is coasting along, yet somehow Carlos Silva got him to get into a fight. Maybe this is like some kind of 1980's high school football coach like tactic by Silva to get the team fired up. I doubt it.

The bigger problem for the Cubs is the cause of the fight.  They had three errors in the first inning which is what pissed off Silva and two more during the game, which brings their total to 14 through the first four spring games.  If they keep up that pace, they will win like 20 games this year.

Well at least Starlin Castro hit a home run and looks awesome, except for the whole committing errors thing.

PS - I was really disappointed when I saw the picture of Carlos Silva being carted away.  I assumed he had to have gotten his ass kicked, but it turns out he is just too fat to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment