Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jereme Richmond Declares for NBA Draft



ChicagoBreakingSports - Back in January, amid rumors that he was considering a transfer, Illinois freshman Jereme Richmond proclaimed himself, “an Illini for life.”
It turns out he meant until April.
On Tuesday, Illinois announced that Richmond, who committed to the program prior to his freshman year of high school, will declare for the 2011 NBA Draft and will not return to Illinois.
“I enjoyed my time at the University of Illinois and would like to thank the coaching staff and my teammates for everything they've done for me,” Richmond said in a statement released by the school. “At this time, I'm ready to follow my dreams and achieve my life-long goal of playing in the NBA.”



Jereme Richmond is an idiot if he thinks this is a good idea.  Who is advising him?  The same people that told Mike Davis and Demetri McCamey to declare for the draft last year?  I know he has "1st round talent", but 7.6 points and 5.0 rebound is not what the NBA is looking for, especially when you are a head case who was suspended for the NCAA Tournament and missed numerous practices.

I hope for his sake that he hasn't hired an agent yet, so he has a chance to get out of this.  If he hasn't, he may end up achieving a different goal of playing pro-basketball in Europe or the D-League.

No comments:

Post a Comment