Friday, April 1, 2011

That Kid From YouTube Won the College Dunk Contest


Jacob Tucker (that kid from YouTube) from Illinois College won the NCAA Slam Dunk contest.  Normally this would be shocking, but this really couldn't be less of surprise.  I mean he is 5'10" and has a 50" vertical, and we have all seen him dunk, there was no way he was gonna lose.  As soon as he was invited to this contest, it was inevitable that he would win.  But I don't really get why he was in it at all.


What are the rules for getting into it?  Illinois College is a D III school, but I thought this thing was for D I players.  I guess not.  Actually, now that I think about it, do you even need to be a basketball player, or just attend a college, because I'm sure there are some random dudes who can just throw down and win this thing.  So, if you are in college and can dunk, make a YouTube video and you can win this dunk contest next year.

Don't get me wrong, dude deserved to win (more than Blake Griffin deserved to win the NBA Dunk Contest).  I just don't get what makes someone eligible for this thing.  Check out his original YouTube video that got him into the contest below.

No comments:

Post a Comment